(Effective Date January 1, 2023)
“Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, and might include things like names, addresses, birth dates, demographic information, social security numbers, email addresses, and other similar identifiers as outlined by applicable laws. Personal information does not include de-identified information or aggregated data, transactional data related to purchases at our stores that could not be used to identify a person, or publicly available information.
Personal Information is used to provide you our products and services, to market our products, to improve our business and your experience with us, for commercial purposes, and for other reasons as described herein and as permitted by law. More specifically, we will collect and use Personal Information which we broadly and generally categorize as follows:
Within one or more of these categories, we articulate the following as business reasons for which Personal Information is collected and used:
Except as provided herein, Kum & Go does not share or otherwise sale your Personal Information. Furthermore, Kum & Go does not collect, share, or sell any “sensitive personal information” as that is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act.
As Required by Law: In addition, from time to time, we may be required to share Personal Information in response to a valid court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we believe to be unlawful and to share certain Personal Information when reasonably necessary to protect the safety, rights, or property of others and ourselves. We may also transfer Personal Information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
There are various methods that may be available to you to manage the collection and use of your Personal Information depending upon how you interact with the Company, the technology employed, and the requirements of applicable law.
Kumandgo.com Website. When you visit websites like kumandgo.com, the websites automatically collect small text files (“Cookies”) that remember your visit and any choices you might make in your use of the website. Although some Cookies are required for a website to operate, you can manage collection of many types of Cookies either through “cookie consent” pop-ups on our website or through altering the settings in your website browser. Please note that blocking or deleting Cookies may result in a loss of functionality of certain features on our websites and mobile applications.
Email, Text Messaging, Mobile Application Push Notifications and Alert. Through your interactions with the Company’s website, mobile applications, and programs and services, you may elect to provide the Kum & Go with your name, address, email address, mobile phone number, and other similar information. Each of these different modes of communication provide options for you to manage the way in which we communicate with you. For example, you can unsubscribe from email lists by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in our emails, opt out of text messages you receive in accordance with the instructions provided by such text messages and/or as identified in Company mobile applications, and modify the notification and alert settings within your mobile device related to the use of Kum & Go mobile applications. Opting out of such communications may impact your ability to learn about special promotions or contests we run, and we may still send you communications relating to your transactions with us, including emails about your account or purchases.
Customer Accounts. Various Kum & Go programs and services may involve the establishment of a customer account, such as are used for the &Rewards customer loyalty program. You can manage your communication preferences with us within your relevant customer account. For example, &Rewards loyalty members can contact the Company at the contract information noted below in “Contacting Kum & Go, L.C.” to delete their &Rewards account if they wish to do so.
Employment with Kum & Go. The laws regulating information in the context of the employment relationship, or in considering of applications for employment, are separate and distinct from those laws regulating online privacy. Information disclosed to us in the context of employment or by applicants for positions with Kum & Go are used solely for those purposes and the information employees and applicants provide to us are maintained in accordance with the requirements of applicable law.
1. Follow the directions on a marketing e-mail or direct mail marketing communication you receive from us.
2. If you’ve created an account on KumandGo.com or one of our mobile applications, you can update your online account information after logging into your account
3. Call (888) 458-6646 with your request and current contact information.
4. Send a letter with your request and current contact information to: Kum & Go, L.C. Attn: Customer Relations 1459 Grand Ave Des Moines, IA 50309
5. Complete the Request Form accessible https://www.kumandgo.com/contact-us/
Managing Your Personal Information. Subject to the requirements and limitations of applicable laws, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to the Company at the contact information listed under the heading “Contacting Kum & Go, L.C.” asking that the Company take any of the following actions described below:
1. Right to Know. As to Personal Information that was actually collected in the preceding 12 months and sold or disclosed for business purposes in the preceding 12 months, identify (a) the categories of personal information collected; (b) specific pieces of personal information collected; (c) the categories of sources from which the business collected personal information; (d) the purposes for which the business uses the personal information; (e) the categories of third parties with whom the business shares the personal information; (f) the categories of information that the business sells or discloses to third parties.
2. Right to Delete and Correct. As to some, but not all information, you may request that Kum & Go delete the Personal Information it has collected and/or maintained about you. To do so, please see the heading above called “Contacting Kum & Go” under the heading Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. Note, we may need to retain certain Personal Information as permitted by law. Furthermore, beginning in 2023 the California Privacy Rights Act may provide California residents with the right to correct certain Personal Information.
3. Right to Opt-Out. Companies that sell their consumers information have to provide those consumers a right to “opt-out” of the sale of their Personal Information. We may share or sell to our 3rd party marketing and business partners the Personal Information of our &Rewards loyalty members. Accordingly, those &Rewards loyalty customers may opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information by contacting the Company at the contact information listed under the heading “Contacting Kum & Go, L.C. and requesting that the their Personal Information not be shared.
Kum & Go knows that information is an important asset and must be managed to ensure its confidentiality and integrity. Kum & Go has instituted information security measures and controls to safeguard information from unauthorized or accidental modification, disclosure and/or destruction and to ensure information is available and usable as needed to conduct business. In this regard, Kum & Go has aligned with the Center for Internet Security (CIS) CIS Controls framework, and has reviewed, selected and tailored the 20 specific controls defined in the CIS framework and adopted them as the compliance standards for the organization. However, Kum & Go, L.C. cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us by e-mail, cellular networks, or over the internet, and you do so at your own risk.
The Kum & Go, L.C. websites use third party service providers to serve ads across the Internet and to analyze website traffic on our behalf. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our ads. These companies may use technologies similar to those outlined above to measure the effectiveness of ads and e-mails. They may also use information about your visits to our Web site so that we can provide advertisements about goods and services. No personally identifiable information is collected in this process. We may share anonymous information with this service provider in an aggregate form, for purposes of analysis and improvement of our site.
Our products, services, and programs are intended for the general public in the states where we have retail store locations and, except as explicitly qualified below, are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 16, but we do collect information from participants of our &Rewards loyalty program, with their consent, which program is open to persons 13 years old and older.
Download the app to earn exclusive deals, order ahead, and fuel faster with Mobile Fuel Pay.
© Kum & Go, L.C. All rights reserved.